Life, eh?
So this week I was struggling of something to write. Most weeks I'm very organised, with a subject written down for me to ramble on about. But this week while I was pondering on a topic, I stumbled across this thing I'm currently living. Life.
Now life, for me, hasn't always gone to plan. I've embarrassed myself far to many times. Said the wrong things at the wrong times. Gone out with the wrong boys. Made all the mistakes possible and many, many more. But as I was thinking about how many things I've done wrong, I also thought of all the things that I've been proud of. Getting through the first day of secondary school without walking into the wrong classroom (just!). Completely re-decorated my room just how I wanted it. Perfected my drawing. Finally got my fringe to the length I wanted it. Managing not to kill half the people in my school. Going to the gym when I'm meant to. All these tiny little things that made me feel that I was doing something right, okay so maybe I haven't solved the worlds economic problems. Or created self sustaining energy. But the things I have done have made a difference to me. Going to the gym, has made me loose weight, meaning I've got more body confidence. Getting my room finished the way I wanted it means I can be happy in there without wanting to tear the walls down because I can't stand it.
Basically what I'm saying in a round about way is that, in that the life we live is ours. We can do whatever we like with it. Yes, in today's society if you hate yourself, your body, your choices and your life then that's considered fine. But when you think about it, why should you? It's okay to be proud of yourself for something others wouldn't even consider a thing! It's okay to actually like something about yourself, it's okay to think 'yeah, I did really good then!' 'That piece of work was really great!' 'I think I'll get that job!'
Life shouldn't be analysed into sections of what you've done good or bad. Life is life, and your living it now. Don't look back. Turn the next page in your thrilling novel and carry on the adventure!
Hope you don't mind the slight swerve into the deep emotions pool, we can jump out now. If any of you want to talk to me about anything happening in your life, or if you just want a quick chat my comments box is open and all the social media thingys are on the contact me page, hope your having a good day:)
Comments
Post a Comment