The Face of Holiday

I love make-up. I don't wear it every day or to go to school but I do enjoy buying and applying it when the occasion calls. But I was stumped on what to take on holiday. I knew a foundation was too much but a BB or a CC cream might also be too warm and could end up in my lap. I didn't want to overpack and I didn't want to take anything too big, (although on the size wise my bronzer is carrying some) or that could break easily. So I laid all my make-up on my floor and went through what I needed and made sure not to take more than one of everything. This rule may have been broken.



First I have the They're Real mascara from Benefit, simply because this is the best mascara I've ever used. I have pretty long lashes anyway so I can get away with using any mascaras. However this one blew me away. The applicator is a nice shape and picks up all the lashes, the end of the brush is rounded so you can get in the corners and the formula doesn't flake off. The only downside is that it is a pain to take off, but worth it.

Second is the Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 111, Kiss of Life. This is one of my favourite red lipsticks. It has brilliant staying power, the formula is nice on the lips and not too drying. The pigment is full on and the shape of the lipstick is good as well. It is easily removed and doesn't stain your lips after, a good drugstore lipstick. 

Thirdly, we have the Touche Eclat Radiant Touch concealer by YSL. This is technically my mothers but sharing is caring right? This concealer is easily blended with a brush or your fingers. It gets rid of all dark circles and makes you look like you've had at least 12 hours sleep.  Also there's a wide range of shades so it will work on a variety of skin tones.

Next up is the They're Real Push Up Liner by Benefit. The main reason I use this as when I started wearing a winged eyeliner, I couldn't find a nib that would create that perfect flick. However even for the most cackhanded muppet, using this will give you the perfect feline flick. It does take a it of getting used to to work out how many times you need to twist the bottom to distribute the amount of product you want, but once you've mastered that, using this is a doddle. Although, like the mascara it's a bitch to remove.

Then, it's the Multi Task Brush by Real Techniques. I use this brush for my bronzer as it is the perfect shape so that it can cover and wide area and so that I don't end up looking that my face took a trip to the sun. It's easy to clean and has lasted me and long while. It's also really soft and is a nice shape. 

Back to make-up, we have a satin lipstick in the colour Cherish by Mac. It's not matt, but isn't slippy, or glossy on the lips. It's a colour that would compliment any skin tone and works well with most make-up looks. It has quite a sweet scent, but it isn't sickly. It doesn't have a brilliant staying power but is easy to re-apply without a mirror. The pigment is good and it doesn't cling to the dry patches on your lips.

Now I don't fill my eyebrows in as there really isn't any need and I don't see the point in wasting time trying to perfect my brows when I'm quite happy with their natural shape and colour. However they do have a tendency to move and come out of shape. So to rectify the problem, I have been using a clear mascara just to make sure they don't decide to have a mind of there own! This was my sisters but she never used it on her eyelashes so I just nabbed it. It's the Lash Care Mascara by Natural Collection and is super cheap. It doesn't make your brows crispy but is strong enough to keep them in check. 

Back to brushes, and this is the Full Flawless Face brush by Bare Minerals. I used this for all over powder. I normally use the powder brush by Real Techniques but it was too big for travelling and this does the job just as well. It washes really well and with minimal effort. The bristles are soft and pick up the perfect amount of product. It's big enough for all over powder and doesn't make you look like a cakey mess.

To use with the  Full Flawless Face brush by Bare Minerals, is the Hello Flawless powder by Benefit in the shade ivory. This is the perfect powder. It doesn't make you look over matt, but it does take away any unwanted shine and oiliness. This is best used I find with the matching foundation. It can also be used on its own as it has a colour to it. 

Next is blusher, this is the CORALista blusher by Benefit. This blush is perfect for spring summer. As the title suggests it's a coral colour. It has a nice pigment and is easy to build up or leave you with a sheer wash of colour. It does have shimmer but it doesn't make you look like a glitter ball.

Lastly is the Aquatic Treasures Summer Bronzing Compact by Clarins. This has four different bronzer colours, you can used one for a subtle contour or swirl your brush in the whole compact and go full out bronze goddess! It has a strong smell which I personally like, but once it's on you obviously can't smell it. It has good staying power and all the shades in the compact cover a wide range of skin tones. It doesn't have any shimmer so can be used for general bronzing or contouring. 

So that's it for my Holiday make-up. I hope I've given you some ideas of what to take on your travels or I've shown you what products you might like to try (sorry about that!).

What's your favourite make-up item at the moment? Tell me in the comments! 


Comments

Popular Posts