The Perfect Album

I've often questioned my father so many times when he's supposedly found 'The Perfect Album'.
'How can you like all the songs?'
'Isn't there one you don't like?'

Only I have been completely proven wrong.

The other day I was scrolling through iTunes, looking for an album for my holiday, something that I could jam to by the pool and successfully annoy my parents with, and then I saw two beautiful letters, AM. Now I know this album came out in 2013, but I'm the worst at keeping up to date with who's released what and when, and I've only recently got into this genre of music.
I'll admit, I was sceptical, but as I clicked preview all and settled down to make my judgements, I was blown away with the northern bae that is Alex Turner. 


Every song on that album has the most perfect, complicated and just downright hilarious lyrics I have ever heard. Every song has at least a line that I've sat and thought about, that's has captured my imagination and got me wondering what was going through their heads when they wrote it. And for me, that's how you know you've got a perfect album. When the listeners start to connect with the music in every way possible. All of the songs compliment each other and I never get bored enough to skip one before he end.

I am honestly perplexed at the perfection that is AM. I also like how Alex's accent comes through when he's singing. 

Is there any music that you've discovered this week? Did you enjoy AM as well? Would you recommend any more Arctic Monkeys albums for me? Leave your answers in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts