Books, books, books!
HI!
First things first I'm going to apologise for today's blog post as its going to be quite long. As you can probably tell from the tittle this post it's going to be about books. Being a blogger myself I tend to read other blogs on a hunt for inspiration and just generall fun. Quite a while ago now I came across this one blog post where someone wrote about there hobbies and I thought as this blog is only 3 days old and most of you don't have a clue who I am I thought I'd telling you about my favourite hobie; reading! I know this isn't going to be every ones cup of tea, but just sit tight. I won't make you read it!
So instead of ramble a lot about books in general I thought I'd list my top 5 favourite books.
Number 1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis
Number 2. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
I first started getting into Inkheart when the film came out. I was determined to read the book and I realised how much of the story they cut from the movie. This book is such an easy read. It's told from different points of views but doesn't become confusing. Even though this book is wrote for children, I still thoroughly enjoy reading it as its light hearted and written beautifully.
Number 3. Angel by L. A. Weatherly
Number 4. Esio Trot by Roald Dahl
I honestly cannot stress enough how good this book is! Roald Dahl is one of my favourite authors. Even thought Esio Trot is written for children, teenagers can still get a lot of fun out of it. Take it from a person who knows. The basic story line is a man named Mr Hoppy falls in love with the woman in the flat below him and in order to win her heart he 'creates' a spell to make her pet tortoise grow. And your probably thinking "What a stupid story" but its worth giving a go and it cheers you right up also is only 55 pages long. So those people who don't like reading long books, I've cured you!
Number 5. The Boy Who Fell Down Exit 43 by Harriet Goodwin
So there it is. My very long blog post about books. I bet your all asleep now:) At least your safe in the knowledge I didn't name 243 different types of tobacco (I don't think any of you will get that reference) If there are any of you still reading this (I doubt anybody is) feel free to comment any books you enjoyed, or if you have read any of the books I've mentioned or if you just want a general chat my ears, or blog is always open.
Cheerio!
First things first I'm going to apologise for today's blog post as its going to be quite long. As you can probably tell from the tittle this post it's going to be about books. Being a blogger myself I tend to read other blogs on a hunt for inspiration and just generall fun. Quite a while ago now I came across this one blog post where someone wrote about there hobbies and I thought as this blog is only 3 days old and most of you don't have a clue who I am I thought I'd telling you about my favourite hobie; reading! I know this isn't going to be every ones cup of tea, but just sit tight. I won't make you read it!
So instead of ramble a lot about books in general I thought I'd list my top 5 favourite books.
Number 1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis
Now this book has got to be my all time favourite. I'm one of those people who always likes to read the book before the film and I defiantly did that with this book. The only reason I ever got interested in The Chronicles of Narnia was because my dad heard of the books and thought they would be fun to read but never really got round to reading them himself. So when I was old enough to understand my dad brought a copy of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and started to read it to me every night. Ever since then I was determined to find every single book in the collection and read them all. I can happily say I have brought all 7 books and I am now on the third book. I'm not just saying this but I highly recommend you read the series because it's so interesting to find out how it all links together and the books are so much better than the films.
Number 2. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Number 3. Angel by L. A. Weatherly
I have to thank Woodrush for getting me interested in these books! There a trilogy. The first ones called Angel (my personal favourite) the second book is called Angel Fire and the third one is due to come out the end of this year. I must say I am extremely excited! (Bookworm in the corner over here). The book is told from two different points of views of the main characters; Alex and willow. This is one of the best fantasy books I've ever read. Also this book flows across two different genres. So if you like reading about love and heartbreak but also like fantasy. I defiantly recommend the Angel trilogy.
Number 4. Esio Trot by Roald Dahl
I honestly cannot stress enough how good this book is! Roald Dahl is one of my favourite authors. Even thought Esio Trot is written for children, teenagers can still get a lot of fun out of it. Take it from a person who knows. The basic story line is a man named Mr Hoppy falls in love with the woman in the flat below him and in order to win her heart he 'creates' a spell to make her pet tortoise grow. And your probably thinking "What a stupid story" but its worth giving a go and it cheers you right up also is only 55 pages long. So those people who don't like reading long books, I've cured you!
Number 5. The Boy Who Fell Down Exit 43 by Harriet Goodwin
Another fantasy book but completely different from Angel. However woodrush also introduced me to this book and the copy I've got has been signed by the author! Exciting I know:) The title to this book pretty much explains the plot. The book is told from the points of views from the main characters, there is more than one so it can become a little confusing but once you get through that it is a very exciting book, full of confusing little facts that all come together at the end.
So there it is. My very long blog post about books. I bet your all asleep now:) At least your safe in the knowledge I didn't name 243 different types of tobacco (I don't think any of you will get that reference) If there are any of you still reading this (I doubt anybody is) feel free to comment any books you enjoyed, or if you have read any of the books I've mentioned or if you just want a general chat my ears, or blog is always open.
Cheerio!
Comments
Post a Comment