London!
HI!
Like I said in my last blog post I've been on a little trip this week, to London! The reason for this trip is, on the last week of school Woodrush organise about 5 activities for pupils to join in with. This year me and my friends decided we would go on a trip the English department organised to go and see the theatre production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In my opinion we made an extremely wise choice. The trip wasn't just to go to the theatre, we also got the chance to see some of the beautiful sights in London, eat at one of the most amazing restaurants in London, shop in one of the biggest shopping centres I've ever been in, and visit the magical Madame Tussuad's. Seeing as we had so many activities to do, we stayed in an overnight hotel. Which I must say was better than I was expecting.
We were travelling down to London on Monday 22nd and leaving the next day, which was a bit of a rush. In all honesty I think the trip should have been longer, as we didn't have enough time to truly get the most out of the activities we had planned. However it was still an amazing trip. We had to get to school at normal time and the coach would pick us up from there. The coach journey down to London wasn't that bad. And we were extremely lucky that the coach had air con, otherwise I think I night have melted.
Once we got into London we went straight into the hotel. It took a while to get the rooms sorted. We had a bit of trouble with our room, we weren't anywhere near our friends and as soon as we walked into our room all we could smell was cigarette smoke. To make matters worse the windows were sealed so we couldn't get rid of the smell. We went and informed the staff at the hotel and they were going to rectify the problem, meanwhile we would have to get ready to go out to the rain forest cafe in our friends room, which was 3 floors below us. It was such a pain carrying our bags up and down every time we needed something.
The next day we got packed and checked out of the hotel pretty early in the morning as we had a jam packed day ahead of us all. First off all we went to Madame Tussuad's. This was amazing! If your ever in London I recommend you go here! It was one of. The most magical experiences I've had. The only downside is it would have been better if we had more time, as we had to rush round to be back on the coach. Therefore some of the pictures I took we're pretty blurry and most of them I had my eyes closed. Nonetheless I did have some decent ones.
(My jumper)
(My sisters bag)
Cheerio!
Like I said in my last blog post I've been on a little trip this week, to London! The reason for this trip is, on the last week of school Woodrush organise about 5 activities for pupils to join in with. This year me and my friends decided we would go on a trip the English department organised to go and see the theatre production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In my opinion we made an extremely wise choice. The trip wasn't just to go to the theatre, we also got the chance to see some of the beautiful sights in London, eat at one of the most amazing restaurants in London, shop in one of the biggest shopping centres I've ever been in, and visit the magical Madame Tussuad's. Seeing as we had so many activities to do, we stayed in an overnight hotel. Which I must say was better than I was expecting.
We were travelling down to London on Monday 22nd and leaving the next day, which was a bit of a rush. In all honesty I think the trip should have been longer, as we didn't have enough time to truly get the most out of the activities we had planned. However it was still an amazing trip. We had to get to school at normal time and the coach would pick us up from there. The coach journey down to London wasn't that bad. And we were extremely lucky that the coach had air con, otherwise I think I night have melted.
Once we got into London we went straight into the hotel. It took a while to get the rooms sorted. We had a bit of trouble with our room, we weren't anywhere near our friends and as soon as we walked into our room all we could smell was cigarette smoke. To make matters worse the windows were sealed so we couldn't get rid of the smell. We went and informed the staff at the hotel and they were going to rectify the problem, meanwhile we would have to get ready to go out to the rain forest cafe in our friends room, which was 3 floors below us. It was such a pain carrying our bags up and down every time we needed something.
(Emily, Me, Rachel and Lauren)
Once we were ready we got into the coach and drove into central London. Before we went to the restaurant we had time to go sight seeing. This is the part of the trip that I was most disappointed with as we couldn't leave to coach so the photographs we got weren't very good. Also we didn't have a chance to go past Buckingham palace which was really annoying as it is one of the best attractions in London. However I did get some decent pictures.
When we had finished sightseeing we drove to the rain forest café. I had already visited this restaurant when I when to Disney land some years ago, however I was quite young then and I was looking forward to going back as I had such a good time. The rain forest café is totally unique, the whole restaurant is designed as a rain forest, not only does it look like a rain forest they have rain forest sounds and incredible animatronics. The food was pretty good too.
After we had finished our meal, we walked to the theatre royal to go and watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This is one of the best west end musicals I have ever seen. It's quite new to theatres so if you can get tickets I highly recommend you do! Obviously I don't have any pictures to show you as you can't take any pictures in the theatre. After the show finished we went back to the coach and headed to the hotel, by now it was pretty late so we headed straight into our hotel rooms. After me and Emily (who I was sharing the room with) had got changed and showered we phoned our other friends (Rachel and Lauren, Rachel who also has a blog and has posted about this trip also, i'll link it at the end) to come up to our room so we could sit and chat. However Lauren and Rachel had teachers next door to them, so they were unable to sneak out. After about two hours of talking me and Emily finally went to bed.
The next day we got packed and checked out of the hotel pretty early in the morning as we had a jam packed day ahead of us all. First off all we went to Madame Tussuad's. This was amazing! If your ever in London I recommend you go here! It was one of. The most magical experiences I've had. The only downside is it would have been better if we had more time, as we had to rush round to be back on the coach. Therefore some of the pictures I took we're pretty blurry and most of them I had my eyes closed. Nonetheless I did have some decent ones.
When we finished looking around Madame Tussuad's we went into Westfield's. Westfield's is one of the biggest shopping centres I've ever been in! It makes Birmingham city centre look like a corner shop. Again we didn't have nearly enough time to shop so we could only go into 3 shops. Holister, Topshop and Newlook. I brought a jumper from Holister. And from Topshop I brought a bag for my sister and a bag for me.
(My sisters bag)
(My bag)
After we finished shopping we got back on the coach and headed home. Overall it was an amazing experience, and I look forward to visiting London again. Feel free to tell me if you've ever been to any of the places mentioned, or you just want a general chat.
Cheerio!
Where's the link to my blog then;D
ReplyDeleteI might have forgotten, whoops:)
ReplyDelete