Piercings: What I've Learnt
When I was 9 I had my ears pierced and if I'm honest it wasn't really that much of a big deal.
I only got them pierced because my mum thought I should and I thought okay I'll get in it over and done with. After they healed and I could take the studs out I hardly ever wore earrings.
I just wasn't that into that type of jewellery and basically forgot about them. That was until I was cleaning my room and I found a pair of earrings and tried to put them in my ears so I didn't loose them again. Thats when I found out that one of my holes had closed. And because I'm a woman, a very stupid one at that, and pain is a part of our lives, I got the earring and forced it through the hole.
Now this wasn't my best plan, as it hurt like a bitch and I'm pretty certain that I created a completely new hole at the back of my ear. But forcing me to wear earrings, so that the hole didn't close again, made me get more into the habit and I thought okay, I could get used to this.
Now this wasn't my best plan, as it hurt like a bitch and I'm pretty certain that I created a completely new hole at the back of my ear. But forcing me to wear earrings, so that the hole didn't close again, made me get more into the habit and I thought okay, I could get used to this.
After regularly wearing earrings again I thought I'd look into getting some more piercings. That, and my sister wanted her helix pierced because she's a badass bitch.
So, recently I had my second hole pierced in my ear and one thing I can report back is oh my god is there so much blood. I can't really remember if my first piercings bled this much, but Jesus Christ its like a constant flow coming from my ears. And it alternates. Apart from the waterfall of blood coming from my ear (while I'm typing this it's started bleeding again, lol) it didn't really hurt.
I had mine pierced with a needle as thats cleaner, and the pain was incredibly minimal. They throbbed a bit after they were pierced, and the first night was a bit uncomfortable, but other than that it was pretty manageable.
Obviously you get given a cleaning solution and honestly I've already run out of mine. I'm not sure if my ears are super sensitive but its five days later now and my ears are still spontaneously bleeding throughout the day and night. But the blood congeals pretty quickly, so I'm not that bothered.
The other thing to note is that my lobes have come up in ugly black bruises, they don't hurt, and if my mum hadn't pointed them out I wouldn't have noticed. But they are there. My sister had her helix pierced at the same time and hers has stopped bleeding and she doesn't have any bruises. Maybe the ear cartelidge bleeds less? Who knows. But I was kinda annoyed when her white pillows were still white and mine looked like there had been a murder!
Overall, they're healing nicely. They don't hurt anymore and sleeping on them is comfortable enough. I'm chuffed with the way they look and am possibly thinking of getting my helix pierced - when the waterfall of blood stops flowing that is!
Photo by Siddharth Bhogra on Unsplash
Photo by Pete Bellis on Unsplash
So, recently I had my second hole pierced in my ear and one thing I can report back is oh my god is there so much blood. I can't really remember if my first piercings bled this much, but Jesus Christ its like a constant flow coming from my ears. And it alternates. Apart from the waterfall of blood coming from my ear (while I'm typing this it's started bleeding again, lol) it didn't really hurt.
I had mine pierced with a needle as thats cleaner, and the pain was incredibly minimal. They throbbed a bit after they were pierced, and the first night was a bit uncomfortable, but other than that it was pretty manageable.
Obviously you get given a cleaning solution and honestly I've already run out of mine. I'm not sure if my ears are super sensitive but its five days later now and my ears are still spontaneously bleeding throughout the day and night. But the blood congeals pretty quickly, so I'm not that bothered.
The other thing to note is that my lobes have come up in ugly black bruises, they don't hurt, and if my mum hadn't pointed them out I wouldn't have noticed. But they are there. My sister had her helix pierced at the same time and hers has stopped bleeding and she doesn't have any bruises. Maybe the ear cartelidge bleeds less? Who knows. But I was kinda annoyed when her white pillows were still white and mine looked like there had been a murder!
Overall, they're healing nicely. They don't hurt anymore and sleeping on them is comfortable enough. I'm chuffed with the way they look and am possibly thinking of getting my helix pierced - when the waterfall of blood stops flowing that is!
Photo by Siddharth Bhogra on Unsplash
Photo by Pete Bellis on Unsplash


Comments
Post a Comment