The Best Books of This Month
HI!
As you probably know I'm a massive bookworm. I bloody love reading anything, non-fiction, fiction, magazines and sometimes comics. I love escapism. It helps me detach from whats going on in my life, and focus on something else. So here I'm going to be talking through the last three books I read, that I complely fell in love with.
1) Rooftoppers, by Katherine Rundell
Now I didn't plan on actually reading this book but I read the blurb and was instantly captured. It follows a young girl and her guardian as they travel to Paris to find the young girls mother. Along the way you uncover scandals and get to explore the night life of Paris. Honestly this book really took my back to my childhood, and how everything seems so simple. Its quite a short read and really keeps you entertained for the whole book.
2) Salt to the Sea, by Ruta Sepetys
This is probably my favourite book of the month (we'll just gloss over the fact that this post is going up in July when I wrote it in June). It's based on events from World War ||, specifically the sinking of the German military transport ship the Wilhelm Gustloff in 1945. Some 9,400 lives were lost. Salt to the Sea picks up on four of those lives, a group of young people desperate to flee Germany by any means, even if this is a dangerously overcrowded vessel in a Baltic port. I was shocked to know that this really happened, and that its hardly mentioned. This book is really moving, and I like the way it follows four different people. The writer has done a fantastic job of making you feel something for each of the characters. This really is an excellent read and so important to shine a light on tragic event.
3) Bloom, By Estee Lalonde
Although I read non-fiction, it's not my favourite. However this book has totally changed my mind. Firstly I love the way the book is set out. She's divided it into sections so you can dip in and out easily and not get lost with whats going on. I also love the way she is so honest. It's very refreshing to read a book that discusses make up and fashion alongside mental health, and I fully commend Estee for being so open and candid. Altogether this is a fantastic book, which is presented beautifully and includes stunning pictures. Well worth a read!
What books have you been loving lately? Leave a comment below! (like i need anymore books tho)
As you probably know I'm a massive bookworm. I bloody love reading anything, non-fiction, fiction, magazines and sometimes comics. I love escapism. It helps me detach from whats going on in my life, and focus on something else. So here I'm going to be talking through the last three books I read, that I complely fell in love with.
1) Rooftoppers, by Katherine Rundell
Now I didn't plan on actually reading this book but I read the blurb and was instantly captured. It follows a young girl and her guardian as they travel to Paris to find the young girls mother. Along the way you uncover scandals and get to explore the night life of Paris. Honestly this book really took my back to my childhood, and how everything seems so simple. Its quite a short read and really keeps you entertained for the whole book.
2) Salt to the Sea, by Ruta Sepetys
This is probably my favourite book of the month (we'll just gloss over the fact that this post is going up in July when I wrote it in June). It's based on events from World War ||, specifically the sinking of the German military transport ship the Wilhelm Gustloff in 1945. Some 9,400 lives were lost. Salt to the Sea picks up on four of those lives, a group of young people desperate to flee Germany by any means, even if this is a dangerously overcrowded vessel in a Baltic port. I was shocked to know that this really happened, and that its hardly mentioned. This book is really moving, and I like the way it follows four different people. The writer has done a fantastic job of making you feel something for each of the characters. This really is an excellent read and so important to shine a light on tragic event.
3) Bloom, By Estee Lalonde
Although I read non-fiction, it's not my favourite. However this book has totally changed my mind. Firstly I love the way the book is set out. She's divided it into sections so you can dip in and out easily and not get lost with whats going on. I also love the way she is so honest. It's very refreshing to read a book that discusses make up and fashion alongside mental health, and I fully commend Estee for being so open and candid. Altogether this is a fantastic book, which is presented beautifully and includes stunning pictures. Well worth a read!
What books have you been loving lately? Leave a comment below! (like i need anymore books tho)
Comments
Post a Comment