Zoeva Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette Review






My favourite part of the makeup process is definitely eyeshadow. I'm quite an arty person and I really enjoy using multiple shadows to create a specific look, and I'm graced with quite big round eyes so most eyeshadow looks are easy to recreate. When I first started using eyeshadow I was very much sticking to the neutrals and occasionally a touch of shimmer for a special occasion. But earlier in the year I let my best friend mess around with my makeup, and he used a lot of reds and oranges and then threw in a gold shimmer. He didn't let me look until he finished and I was honestly shocked at how much it suited me.

I didn't have any pallets with any deep red shades in so off I popped onto the internet to see which was the best. I already had the Zoeva Rose Golden Eyeshadow Pallet which I loved, and few brushes which I also loved (and kept going missing, I'm looking at you mother!). So I decided to see if they had released any more pallets, and oh boy had they. As soon as I saw the Zoeva Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette I fell in love. It was exactly what I was looking for. Warm browns paired with reds and a few orange and gold shimmers thrown in for good measure. I liked that it had a combination of matts and shimmers that were all wearable, and the price is a complete bargain!


The pigmentation of these shadows are incredible, especially the shimmers. Everything is opaque but blends perfectly. It also stays on for a really long time and the pigmentation is still there. I don't use a primer with any of my eyeshadows and this didn't crease at all on me. They're not smudge proof but they don't transfer as much as you'd think, theres also minimal fallout.


From top to bottom.

Wax Paper. You can hardly see it on my arm but I promise its there! This is a mat shade, very nice for all over the lit and evening out your eyelids, a great base.

Universal Delight. This is another matt shade, again great for all over the lid. Quite a cool toned brown.

Aftertaste. Another matt shade with serious pigment. I haven't applied this on my actual eyelid as I'm not that brave but I often put it under my eye to give my eyes an extra somethin' somethin'.

182Âșc. This is a gorgeous bronze shimmer. I use this in the centre of the lid or in my inner corner to brighten my eyes.

Liquid Centre. Oh my god is this shimmer pigmented. I use a flat brush to pack this onto the centre of my eyelid, it catches the light perfectly. A real summer shade.

Alchemy. This is another matt thats great for all over the lid. Or if you're doing quite a casual look this can be great for a crease colour, a really nice warm brown.

Start Soft. This is my most worn shade. I always start with using a flat brush and packing this onto my lid, then blending it out. A really lovely reddy brown.

Finish Sensual. This is probably my second most worn shade. I use this to add depth to my crease and to blend my eyeshadow out.

Almost Burnt. I've only used this once when I went to a festival in Spain but wow, is it pigmented. I used a fluffy brush to swipe it over the whole lid and it added a nice shimmer.

Edible Gem. Once again, I've only used this once as its a very strong shimmery purple, but it's incredibly pigmented but easily blended out for a smokey look.


Needless to say I'm a little bit in love. I am now sold on reddy brown eyeshadows, and with that in mind I might have to swing by an Urban Decay come 27th July...

Comments

Popular Posts