Summer Book Haul

I bloody love books. Like really love them, I turned the spare room into a library and honestly it's my favourite room in the house. And my desire to fill it still hasn't stopped. So here are all the books I've recently smuggled into the house!


1)  Darkness Follows, by L. A. Weatherly



I love L. A. Weatherly! Her Angel trilogy is my favourite book series ever, (apart from Harry Potter, but yanno, he's the OG). I‘ve read the first book in this trilogy and was instantly captivated, she left it on a cliffhanger and as soon as I finish my current read I’m going to jump straight back into this. The book is set in 1940’s America and gives a really interesting take on what the world would be like if there was no wars. Her writing is really captivating and I’m really looking forward to continuing with the story.


2) Highly Illogical Behaviour, by John Corey Whaley


I came across this book on Amazon, I read the synopsis and instantly connected with the story. It follows Solomon, who has agoraphobia and hasn't left the house in three years, Lisa, who wants to cure Solomon to write about it in her paper, and Clark, Lisa’s boyfriend. When I read the reviews everyone enjoyed it massively, they all praised how well written it is, and how well built the relationships are within the book. I’m really excited to see how this story unfolds.


3) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Ravenclaw Edition, by J. K. Rowling


Obviously I’ve read this book, and watched the film and carried it around with me when I was five, so when Jo released a 20th anniversary house edition I was like ‘yes please i need that’. I’m a proud Ravenclaw, and had great joy looking a my lovely book covered in house colours on my bookshelf. At the beginning and end of the book is extra content about your house, and even a quiz (on which I got full marks, lol). The Harry Potter series was so special to me growing up, and it feels nice to be able to have something to celebrate twenty years of wishing I was a Witch, and driving my mum mad with constantly talking about it!


Lets just hope I don't read these too quickly or I might be taking another trip to Waterstones - please don't tell my mum!


Comments

Popular Posts